SEC dash

The wood is peeling off the dash of my 83' 380 SEC. My thought was to peel it off completely and scrap off the old glue and re glue it.
Any tips or advice on this subject would be appreciated.
Harry

peel
Seems like a tough job. The wood is probably not in a good condition and I would speculate that removal could cause additional cracking in the timber grain.
Any chance you could remove it and use the removed piece as a template for a replacement wood.