Sell '94 C220 before it reaches 100K miles??

I've got a '94 C220 that's about to turn over 95k miles, and I'm starting to worry about maintenance/repair costs in the future as I go beyond 100k. I've had this car for about a year, it's been great but the few small repairs I've had done were pretty pricey, and I definitely don't want to own this car when something really goes wrong. So what should I do?? Hang on another year or so?? Or cash out now and invest in a car with fewer miles??

Reply to
mr_man

How does the cost of keeping the car you have compare with the overall cost of spending more money to buy a car that will have a delayed service cost.

It may well be that you only need to shop more agressively on the cost of service, as they are similar in many ways to all models.

Reply to
Miro

Well my idea was to buy a newer car that was less expensive to fix IF there is a good chance I'll be spending a couple thousand over the next year to fix things on the benz. I am under the impression that service on a mercedes costs a lot more than it would on something like a toyota. Luckily everything that's gone wrong so far with my car I've been able to fix myself.

So I guess I'm asking, what's a reasonable estimate for how much I'll have to spend on repairs over the next year or so? The car is clean and has been fairly well cared for.

Reply to
mr_man