selling advice in Canada

Hi Group. I'm selling my grandfather's 1984 380SE and was curious if anyone had any advice on the best place to list. I'm in Ottawa, Canada, and it would be helpful to learn if there are any clubs or groups nearby (ie. Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, etc.) that you feel may be worthwhile approaching. It's a pretty special car (under 107,000km and drives like new) plus it has sentimental value to me so I'd prefer to sell it to an enthusiast who will appreciate it. Any advice you may have would be much appreciated.

Reply to
MB 380SE

You've never heard of AutoTrader??? Ah, but you are probably advertising in this group....

cheers

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

List it under MBCA.org. It is Mercedes Benz Club of America... only those people will be serious about the car.

Also Hemmings Motor News... this is where people with classic cars look for.

Reply to
Tiger

Correct -the car was already listed in the Autotrader. Aside from a couple kids, the only serious inquiry came from a divorcee who later decided that she wanted a more modern vehicle. It would be helpful to learn of a more specialized marketplace. I'm not sure the Autotrader is entirely appropriate for this car.

Reply to
MB 380SE

Thanks for the advice, Tiger. I'll definitely look into both services. Again, much appreciated.

Reply to
MB 380SE

A '84 300SE is a 'classic' car? Ohmygosh

cheers

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

Guenter, are you saying that Hemmings is not a suitable place to list this car? I'd prefer to be certain before spending the money in vain. In case it was unclear, it's a 380SE with a M116 V8, and not a 6- cylinder 300 (which was not sold until later). Again, I'm looking for useful advice on how to reach W126 enthusiasts. Please let me know if you are able to help.

Reply to
MB 380SE