Serpentine belt pattern 1988 MB 300e

My serpentine belt broke. After taking old to parts house I bought a new replacement for ONLY $48.00. They couldn't provide how to put back on, dealer
75+ miles away and decal missing underhood. Don't recommend the ask a mechanic on line. After convoluted registration they reveal it's a for cost deal. Any help is appreciated !

If it is like my car... different engine though... the belt goes around all pulley and only goes under the idler pulley. You need to loosen the black plastic anchor that hooks to the spring and shock... take the bolt out one side to let the idler pulley down...
To tighten it up... stick a 3/8" extension rod into the hole and pull the whole thing up and slide the bolt back in.
Tiger wrote:

than a belt running over it. Drove car about 10 miles in 90 degree heat and nothing blew up, maybe its right. thanks
--
Laissez Les Bons, Temps Roulette- James