Service manuals

I am looking to buy a engine and chassis service manual for my 1978 240D . I have seen the CD version of the manual on eBay but am leery of buying one as
I have seen some CD manuals that are a bear to search. Does anyone have one they would recommend? Should I just buy the factory service manual? Thanks for any advice.
--
Steve

You definitely should buy factory service manual... however, the print version is extremely hard to find. Otherwise, I would definitely buy the MB Factory Service manual on CD.
CDs are a bear to search and only work on Windows PCs, not Mac or UNIX. Your SM is out of print, but Ebay has originals and reprints coming up with comfortable frequency at prices that will ruin your day. I paid $120 for a 2-volume reprint (with spiral binding!) for a 107 Body & Chassis, and $111 for a slightly used original 1-volume Body & Chassis specific to my 1980 450SL. I also have a CD that covers engine, maintenance, etc. With all that I'm still not sure what the plugs should be torqued to. :(