Sheared Studs On C200

I have a 1997 C200 Estate. Despite taking great care, I have just managed to shear a second stud on the front wheel. Does anyone know if these have a history of problems, please?

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 10:13:30 +0000 (GMT), Robert Hunter

No, only tends to happen when some monkey has greatly over tightened the bolts.
Get the wheel off, remove the brake disc, spray lots of lube on the broken bolts then wait a while, get some mole grips, cross your fingers and try and undo them. You will probably need a friend with a lever bar to hold the hub still while you try and work the snapped bolts out. Otherwise its new hub time...
--

Lettuce spray for whirled peas...

Reply to usenet[at]miknik[dot]co[dot]uk