Shifter light on '95 E320

I have had a 95 E320 for several years (bought it used) and always wondered why there is no light on the shift console so you could tell what gear you
were in at night. Recently I began to wonder if there really is a light there, but it was burnt out. Is there a light? And if so, how do I change it?
Thanks.
I have a E220 coupe 94 model. there is a light in the shift console. So your probably right, it has burnt out!!
bhoona

wondered
change
Any idea on how to change it?

you
I don't, but I have a Merc mechanic that does my servicing for me. He knows it all. I will ask him tomorrow. But after having a look at mine today.... The only way would be to remove the plastic cover with the letter/ numbers on it. Surely there would be no other way.
I will repost tomorrow. Tah Bhoona

light
There defintely is a light and it usually lasts a very long time. Remove roll top console, remove screw at base of console wood, lift wood carefully, see bulb, replace.

wondered
change