Shipping time from Germany????

I have a 2004 S Class, 4MATIC coming from MB. It was finished 9-5-03 and I recd the VIN number on that date.

Now I am being told that it will be onboard 9-23 and arrive in Baltimore

10-7.

Two weeks from German port??????????

Can someone tell me if this sound right?

THANKS!!!!

Reply to
Eliyahu Ross

That's quite quick for seafreight, I would have thought.

DAS

--

Reply to
Dori Schmetterling

My 1971 VW Beetle made it from Bremerhaven to Newark in 10 days back in 1972. Certainly an S-class can do the trip in 2 weeks. :-)

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Forbess

That's what they told me. BUT in reality it took 2 weeks to get to the port, Miami, and 4 more weeks to get it to the dealer in Louisiana. I offered to go pick it up but they claimed it was in route. In my experience of ordering

2 MB's in the past they have taken 4 to 6 weeks after completion date. Rob
Reply to
Vetluver

Yes. This has little to do with the the car manufacturer. These are typical transit times for goods. The actual time spent at sea may also only be a small part of the total time it takes to get from manufacturer to dealer.

Makes the waiting time all the more delicious...

DAS

--

Reply to
Dori Schmetterling

"Dori Schmetterling" a écrit dans le message de news:3f6f0386$0$259$ snipped-for-privacy@news.dial.pipex.com...

hello, I have seen a few month ago in the press, that a ship sunk in the middle of the Channel. As it created a danger to navigation, it is being cut into small pieces on the spot. The load was said to be "German luxury cars" They have used a cable to cut the whole ship in three parts, and these three parts are to be hauled to Holland. So that now the load is composed of brand new cars which have been lying at the bottom for a few months, plus some which have been cut in two. hope yours is not there!!! yours robert hirschel (I should have my first Mercedes beginning of next month!)

Reply to
Robert Hirschel

(The ship is being taken care of in Belgium, not in Holland btw :) Only ten kilometres from where I live :p) "Robert Hirschel" schreef in bericht news:bkn6l2$3ghcc$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-168962.news.uni-berlin.de...

Reply to
Fabian

That explains the shortage of German cars in the UK...

;-)

What car are you waiting for?

DAS

--