Shop/Repair Manual for E-420 / 1997

Hi All,
I just recently purchased a used (1997) E-420 and am enjoying it. I've always purchased a "shop manual" of the MBz' I've owned in the past.
I'm told that everything is now on CD-ROM and the paper copy of the shop manuals do not exist.
I'm checking with you guys to confirm that is the case. If so, how do I obtain a copy of the CD-ROM. I'd prefer the paper copy as it's much easier to view when laying on your back, under the car.
I look forward to any and all feedback about my query.
Happy Holidays to all
Hez of the Pacific NW (USA)