Should I buy this car?

Page 2 of 2
I am having Sanborn look into it for me... How did you find these? I am lost because I can't read Japanese and don't know where search function is in
Yahoo Japan Auctions.

I use the home page which is this:-
http://auctions.yahoo.co.jp /
The search box is the one on the left under where it says YAHOO!
I type in there W124 AMG W126 AMG Lorinser Ronal etc etc
you then get a reasonable number of pages to flick through.
Click on a set a wheels and look at the menus towards the top of the screen, you can't read the Japanese, but you can see numbers 16 or 17 etc, these refer to rim diameter.
You then get submenus for stud patterns, 4, 5 or 6
Play around with it for a few days and it soon becomes apparent what you're searching for.
There are also some rare cars on there:-
300CE 6.0 AMG http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k42817114
560SEC 6.0 AMG WideBody http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g57624753
300TE 3.4 AMG http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n52054377
Happy browsing
Alan M.
Wow... thanks Alan! I found two sets I am interested in... Hopefully Sanborn can help me out on one of them.
I'm having teething trouble with UPS, in so much as there is a communication difficulty between the UK and Japan. It's taken three weeks to iron this out so hopefully they may be primed by the time you want to ship something.
It's all coming out of the Osaka office there and it would do you no harm to have a chat with your local UPS depot, but make sure you talk to these guys http://www.ups-scs.com/ and not the regular UPS people, they are effectively different companies and the Supply Chain Solution guys will deal with container rate groupage deliveries. This is lot cheaper, but comes by seafreight so takes a while, but with wheels and car parts this is by far the most cost efficent method of shipping.
That said, I would find a few items you want to ship in one go as you'll find the rate is per cubic metre, so you may as well fill that metre.
Alan M.

Yeah... there goes the weekend. These are nice:
http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e62442620
These are nice too:
http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e71294279 http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n43265512 http://page19.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/x13065078 http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w8567325 Oh yeah baby - http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b79176703 Ditto http://page19.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/x13801468
Now look what I've started!
Damn it... now we need one of us in Japan buying these things up. It would be a hell of alot cheaper just to go to Japan and buy a set you want... with vacation and travel home with them.
Unless we are talking about bulk purchase... then that's a different story.
Bulk purchase is the way to go, you'd have to effectively pay for a seat to bring them back, weight is always the issue with transport.
That some find you got there... We'd be lucky if there is one like that in USA ebay...

Told ya.
you are one lucky son of a !!!!! a perfect 4th of july gift for yoursel
lad..
-- g.i.jo
2002 yellow p5 : built na block | spec stage 3 hybrid clutch | 440cc r
injectors | haltech e6x | jic flt-a2 coilovers | optima red top | 18\ kmc suicide rims on bfg kdw2's | dgm carbon fiber hood and radio trim wingswest 3 piece body kit | 'wholesale auto parts (http://www.auto-parts-wholesale.com/mmp/bmw/m3/oxygen_sensor.html ) alpine subs, amps, and speakers | fiberglassed sub box | defi boos gauge | aem wbo2 gauge | chromed valve cover and accents | daveb ring | silver / black interior | pirana coolant can ----------------------------------------------------------------------- g.i.joe's Profile: http://cardealerforums.com/member.php?userid6 View this thread: http://cardealerforums.com/showthread.php?tc28

Yeah those are the ones.

The last ones I saw on ebay went for $400 a wheel, and were used.