Should I keep the car in the garage overnight?

I have recently been thinking of clearing out the garage and keeping the car in there over night. Apart from the security aspect are there benefits to
keeping the car in the garage.
So far I have had heard that its bad for the body work- if it's cold outside and then the car is placed indoors then the heating up speeds up rusting.
anyone got any view?
pHs - it's a 96 e230 that I have.
If you live in an area where they are using lots of salt in the winter, parking your car in a heated garage, like an underground in an apartment building, is deadly. I swear that you can hear the salt munching away on the metal there. An unheated garage is OK.
Again... the keyword is "heated" garage... majority of us do not have heated garage... so no worry.
ha ha ..I see what you mean .. no .. its not a 'heated' garage .. just one that is attached to the house and therefore warmer than a detached one.