Siphoning gas

Are there screens in the Mercedes Gas filler neck that would prohibit the siphoning of gas? I try to keep my 99 E55 and 88 300E full in the case of emergencies and wish to know if this tactic will suffice to serve as a store of gas for use such as with a portable gas generator. My ife is unfotable with me storing Gas in my garage otherwise. Can't say as I blame her. Thanks for your help

Reply to
JB

try it!

BUT is safer to by a few good 5 gal cans from wallmart.

can see you now sucking on the hose getting a mouth full of 93 octane.

sure your wife doesn't have other plans?

case

the case, minus a few cans!

Reply to
IF YOU CAN'T SWIM DON'T JUMP IN

You won't be able to syphon gas from the E55, but if you take the carpet off the back of the rear seats (from the inside of the boot) you will see the fuel tank, you can remove the sender unit by turning it approx 90 degrees and then you can just drop a hose into the tank and syphon away....

Reply to
miknik

Be careful when siphoning gas....the gas has additives that can be very harmful....espcially if you use the world-famous Oklahoma Credit Card (rubber hose with mouth suction to get gas flowing). Use a siphon hose that has a bulb in the line that you squeeze to get gas moving.

Reply to
Rockman59