sirius radio for 2005 models

do owners of 2005 models really need the Mercedes brand of sirius radio that costs $1000.00 or can we just go to the stereo shop and have an antanae and module installed and subscribe to sirius ourselves?

Reply to
DanielILederman

not if you want it to be integrated into the command system

Reply to
127.0.0.1

LOL... you obviously don't know Mercedes very well. The cars are wired so that nothing but mercedes equipment can be integrated into the computer system. That goes for cell phone handsets, CD changers, and of course most recently, sirius radio.

Reply to
Thomas J. Paladino Jr.

I have a Pioneer XM radio in my 2003 C320, dealer installed.

Walter Wise

Reply to
WPWise

the operative words are 2005! thanks for playing

Reply to
127.0.0.1

Go to Walmart and get an XM Roady2 ($129). You'll can be listening to XM before you leave the parking lot, if you have a cellphone.

Reply to
D Ray

One word of caution.

You can never go back to ordinary radio once you cross into the XM-Zone.

Reply to
D Ray

And if XM had NPR and NFL it would be worth paying for. GET SIRIUS!

Reply to
curmudgeon

Actually, XM is doing its own thing with XM Public Radio, which includes Bob Edwards -- I actually think it is SUPERIOR to NPR.

If you, for some reason, want to LISTEN TO NFL GAMES ON THE RADIO, Sirius is your choice! I prefer watching the game on TV, myself.

Honestly, though -- XM's music is just so vastly superior to Sirius, that's really what seals the deal for me. Howard Stern and the NFL may be great. But XM's music is an order of magnitude better than Sirius'.

If someone absolutely has to have NFL and they like music, they would really have to have a subscription to each. Sirius' music just doesn't compete with XM's.

Reply to
D Ray

Go to

Tons of Q&As about satellite radio.

Harvey Louzon

If you go to someone else to install, make sure they know what they are doing. I had the dealer install XM on a new C320 and they screwed it up. Been having elecrical problems from the start that were blamed on the XM install. Also, if the dealer doesn't do it, you may void the warranty.

Reply to
WPWise

Mercedes is having the VPC [vehicle preparation center] install Sirius radios as a 'factory' install now on all 2005 models except the M and G class. MBUSA is doing a slow roll out of this opton. S class started on 10/22/04, the others will come on line over the month and a half. It is option code 022 and has a MSRP of $699.

Reply to
Karl

Yuck.

I hate the idea of a private for pay radio service...

Oh Well, Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph

so don't buy it

Reply to
127.0.0.1

This fall most Mercedes dealers were offering a free sirius sat. radio with new purchases. Rick

Reply to
Rick

they were? its's a $700 option plus labor to install

Reply to
127.0.0.1

That set off a light in my brain regarding Sirius. I took a look at the stock SIRI and it is SOARING. I just bought in and already I am ahead 1900$. I am having a Sirius installed in my SL with the cash. THANKS for the tip!!!

Reply to
SW

JD: yep, and it mincluded a one year subscription free! Rick

Reply to
Rick