Ski Rack for 1990 Mercedes 300SE

Hi:

Is there anybody who can recommend a ski rack for the roof of my 1990 Mercedes 300SE? Or any other Mercedes sedan for that matter?

Thanks in advance.

-- Roy

Reply to
FUBARinSFO

I don't know about the E-Class, but I bought the Mercedes roof bars for my W202 Estate (station wagon for our friends across the pond). I did the rounds of the discount chain shops (Halfords, Les Smith etc.) and by the time I had added on the cost of the adaptors, fitting kits, locks and so on, the price for an ugly Heath-Robinson look alike was only about £30 less than the beautifully crafted, made to measure Merc item. No contest.

DD

Reply to
Stratman

Hi Stratman/DD:

Where did you find Mercedes racks? I'm in San Francisco, not the UK, and didn't see any on the MB USA web page.

Didn't turn up any yesterday on Google search. But they must exist, and I couldn't agree with you more about the kludgy look of the all-purpose roof racks.

-- Roy

Reply to
FUBARinSFO

I went to the local main dealer and asked. It is quite a big dealer, with lots of very expensive alloy wheels etc. on show.

Happy skiing DD

Reply to
Stratman

Go to the site

where you can select make, year and model to get which parts to order.

br, Øyvind

Reply to
Oyvind Syljuasen

Oyvind

Thanks for your reply.

I guess we disagree then about what looks good. The Thule and Yakima racks are exactly the racks I don't want -- general purpose Erector set constructions. Makes the Mercedes look like a Saab.

Thanks anyway.

-- Roy Zider

Reply to
FUBARinSFO