SL Hardtop

I bought a SL320 used without a hardtop and have now located one from a 1994

500SL. Does anyone know if it will fit and attach correctly? My local dealer thinks so, but they said they need the VIN # from both cars to be sure. I do not have access to the 1994's VIN #.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rob

Reply to
Rob

"Rob" wrote in news:3f7b0135 snipped-for-privacy@news.iglou.com:

Yes, the two chasses are the same (R129) and the hardtop will work.

Reply to
MusicMax

Not true. The later 129 body has door windows that drop 1/2" when you open the door. The glass goes up into the hardtop seal. On the early 129's, the seal is L shaped and the glass sits against it. If you put a late top on a early body and roll the windows up.... you cannot open the doors!!

Reply to
Karl

Karl is correct !!

the door. The glass goes

glass sits against it. If

open the doors!!

Reply to
Driver 99

Yes, Karl is correct and he knows tops better than any of the three dealers I talked to about this. I got a pano top for my 95 SL320 from him two years ago and am very pleased. Herb

Reply to
HERB999