SL320 Rear Shock Absorber replacement

The other day while doing an oil change and my usual underbody inspection I noticed evidence of one of the rear shocks leaking. I ordered replacement shocks and planned to do a quick replacement job. To my surprise the top studs of the shock and nuts are well hidden. I removed the liners in the trunk and found that there are some round access holes from where the upper shock nut and stud are visible but very hard to get to with tools. Is there another way to get to the stud and nut ? My service manual does not give a clue how to get access only how to remove/install the shock At least I could not find it on the DVD. Thanks Peter

Reply to
Peter W Peternouschek