SL500 fuse blows when brakes are applied

The 15 amp fuse blows when I apply the brakes, Any ideas?

SL500 fuse blows when brakes are applied The 15 amp fuse blows when I apply the brakes, Any ideas? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx anchor door in trunk stuck. get lighter anchor!
case
the case, minus a few cans!
WHAT YEAR??????

I had a problem with "third" center mounted brake light in my '83 380SEL where the wire shorted at the mounting hole. It looked like an after market add on but may have been from Mercedes, very poor installation. Melted some wiring in tail light assembly that I had to solder over. The brake light circuitry also goes to cruise control. A good low range Ohm meter might aid in finding short.
-Kent
Don`t brake... :)

The SL500 is a 1997.
The year helps.... it could have been a 107, a 129, or a 230 body SL!
Your 129 body SL has a problem with the 2 wires going to the 3rd light in the trunk lid. The wires are in the right hinge. Opening and closing the trunk lid over the years bends and breaks the 2 wires. Then they short together.... The 3rd light does not go thru the lamp failure module, so you never know it does not work. The only clue you get is when the fuse blows. Pull back the accordian rubber and you should find the wires broken about 2" from the body.