SL500 with 6 speed manual

Is there any chance of buying a used 500SL in the USA? I know that there not imported, but, if someone was able to buy one through the European Delivery
program, I wonder how to locate one. Or is it possible to find one, being sold by someone in Europe and have it shipped?
Doug Ritschel wrote:

Yes, you are able to import the second-hand 500SL to the USA ONLY if the model year is 1980 or older. Otherwise, you will have to carry out the homologation work to meet the US regulations for its build year. Only registered importers are legally allowed to carry out the homologation work and complicance process. Since R107 model was built from 1971 to 1989, it is very possible to purchase the late model 500SL and do the VIN swap with older SL as to circumvent the regulations. People do that all the time with Mini and Citroen 2CV.
I don't believe Mercedes-Benz has ever officially offered the manual gearbox with V8 motors. I have seen a few examples of Mercedes-Benz cars with both V8 motors and manual gearboxes which were done by the tuners such as Brabus, Renntech, and like.
Regards, Oliver

Not many 6 speeds made that model year.

Although most of them ended up inn South America (for whatever reason) there were some 4 speed R107 350SLs made.