SL600 brakes same as the rest?

Hi all, I have an SL600 and I want to put in brake pads. I have always done this to my Mercedes as it is so simple and cheap. I replaced those on my 77

240D, my 88 190E. What I want to know is, is it basically the same procedure for the SL600? The wheels on this baby are huge and I am not sure what to expect. Are there any tricks to it? Thanks in advance. ES
Reply to
Swpubl

Seems to me I recall reading that the brakes on the 600 series are much bigger and more heavy duty and require a special pad. Many of the 600 series parts are totally different ( and much more expensive) than the standard MB models.

Reply to
Rockman59

jepp...thats how i started,

83 240D 92 190E

havent decided yet, what to get next!

...nice jump to an SL600 :O)

good luck with the pads! i'd say, brakes are all the same...just get the right pads. i prefer getting these important parts at MB Dealer. Alex

"Swpubl" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:W2%kb.79322$Ms2.58230@fed1read03...

Reply to
Alex Hemmerich

If you've not already done so, you may want to consider purchasing replacement squibbs (brake pad wear sensors) before starting the job. They're only a couple of bucks each, and you can replace any or all of the existing ones as needed (if they've. I'm not sure of your exact model, but Benz Bin lists: Brake Pad Sensor N1030-26105 In Stock $2.07

Paul

---

---

Reply to