SL600 brakes same as the rest?

Hi all, I have an SL600 and I want to put in brake pads. I have always done this to my Mercedes as it is so simple and cheap. I replaced those on my 77
240D, my 88 190E. What I want to know is, is it basically the same procedure for the SL600? The wheels on this baby are huge and I am not sure what to expect. Are there any tricks to it? Thanks in advance. ES
Seems to me I recall reading that the brakes on the 600 series are much bigger and more heavy duty and require a special pad. Many of the 600 series parts are totally different ( and much more expensive) than the standard MB models.
jepp...thats how i started,
83 240D 92 190E
havent decided yet, what to get next!
...nice jump to an SL600 :O)
good luck with the pads! i'd say, brakes are all the same...just get the right pads. i prefer getting these important parts at MB Dealer. Alex

If you've not already done so, you may want to consider purchasing replacement squibbs (brake pad wear sensors) before starting the job. They're only a couple of bucks each, and you can replace any or all of the existing ones as needed (if they've. I'm not sure of your exact model, but Benz Bin lists: Brake Pad Sensor N1030-26105 In Stock $2.07
http://mercedes.thebenzbin.com /
Paul
--- http://www.astro-nut.com ---