SL600 Roll Bar won't go down

Hi all. My SL600 made a judgement call on an angle I took and the roll bar popped up. I used the "down" button to put it down and it struggles, but no
go. This thing obstructs my rear view. Anyone know of a quick fix?? Thanks SW
Hold the button in the UP position until it catches.

I held the button in the up position. It must have already been up as far as it could. It Just jerked till I let up. Tried the down button. Same jerk motion. Is there a latch or lock inside the mechanism? Thanks

The catch is inside the mechanism. When you took that sharp angle, one of the switches on the rear end sent a signal to trip the roll bar. The only way to reset the bar is to hold the switch in the UP position until you hear it re-latch.