SLK 230

I have been looking at this model and would like any input anyone would have. Thank you, and have a nice day.

I bought an SLK 230 in 1999 and have had it since. Except for a leak in the windshield washer reservoir that required replacement of the reservoir (still under warranty at the time) and a recent recall for replacement of the tail light assembly (at no cost), it has been problem-free.
It's warm, quiet, and dry in the worst of weather, but the top goes down so I can enjoy every good day.
My experience has been the same as the previous writer with my '98. It is a wonderful toy car, fast and comfortable. The trunk is huge by sports car standards, larger than all its competition even with the top down. Go for it!
Vic

I have a '99 SLK230 which I bought in late '98. I love the car, gave it to my daughter so she can enjoy it too, in exchange I got her VW Jetta VR6 which is a great car! the only major problem I had was when water came thru the 'dam' underneat the windshoeld, according to the mechanic, I did not clean up the dired leaves that have comllected in it and I suffered. It was not as expensive as when It failed Massachusetts inspection because of front end problems, p Victor & Toni Jo Friedmann wrote:

I have a 1999 SLK that I bought new, and it has been a trouble-free car except for a couple of problems: the reservoir for the windshield washer fluid had to be replaced because of a leak, and just recently the tail lamp assembly was replaced free of charge in a safety-related recall.