SLK 230

As a recent convert to this marque I am new to this news group. I would appreciate any help on the following. My 1998 SLK 230 turn indicators no longer flash but stay on . The hazard
lights do the same. I cannot locate a flasher can and presume they are controled by some other means. Where do I start to look?
Simon Mills
Melton Victoria Australia
SLK230 (98)
I would flick the hazard switch on and off a couple of times to eliminate the contact problem inside the switch... which affects the turn signal.
Otherwise, it is most likely to be the signal stalk that has to be repaired or replaced.
Thanks for your sugestions will check it out at the weekend
Simon Mills
Melton Victoria Australia
SLK230 (98)
You're right, acquiring a Merc is akin to a conversion, not just buying another motor car...
;-) DAS
"simon mills" < snipped-for-privacy@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
news:Rrjdi.15248$ snipped-for-privacy@news-server.bigpond.net.au...