SLK 230 Visors

The sunvisors on my 2000 SLK 230 flip up and down but don't swing out on a single pivot (to the side) as all of my others have done. Very irritating
for a convertible when the sun is right over the windshield header.
Does anyone know if later models may have used a single post swivel visor; or if there are any one the market that I could use to replace these? Thanks.

It should unhook from the center part of the vehicle and swing outward. This is a basic function is all sunvisors I have seen since the 50's.
Look at it again, and check the owners manual if you have one...
Marty
The visors are attached by single screw terminals at both outboard and inboard points with a straight rod between them. No inboard unlatch...and the only ones like that I think I've seen on any car since the 1950's. Booo.
said:

complaint I have about my '99 SLK. I thought that I wasn't smart enough to know how to swivel the visor, but then realized it "won't go there."
One would think it should not be so difficult to drive by a dealer and ask...
DAS
"John Cisarik" < snipped-for-privacy@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
news:cSA_e.88535$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
John Cisarik wrote:

are engineered out by design. They are also tiny and almost useless. The silly built in vanity mirrors are a joke and not illuminated.