SLK 230 Visors

The sunvisors on my 2000 SLK 230 flip up and down but don't swing out on a single pivot (to the side) as all of my others have done. Very irritating for a convertible when the sun is right over the windshield header.

Does anyone know if later models may have used a single post swivel visor; or if there are any one the market that I could use to replace these? Thanks.

Reply to
ts

It should unhook from the center part of the vehicle and swing outward. This is a basic function is all sunvisors I have seen since the 50's.

Look at it again, and check the owners manual if you have one...

Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph

I don't know the answer to your question, but you have hit on the one complaint I have about my '99 SLK. I thought that I wasn't smart enough to know how to swivel the visor, but then realized it "won't go there."

Reply to
John Cisarik

One would think it should not be so difficult to drive by a dealer and ask...

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

The visors are attached by single screw terminals at both outboard and inboard points with a straight rod between them. No inboard unlatch...and the only ones like that I think I've seen on any car since the 1950's. Booo.

Reply to
ts

The visors on my '98 SLK 230 go only up or down. Swivel side movements are engineered out by design. They are also tiny and almost useless. The silly built in vanity mirrors are a joke and not illuminated.

Reply to
Hernando Correa