SLK 320-convertible wont convert!

:( I have a SLK convertible and was involved in a head-on car accident on 8/10. Walked away from it uninjured! Was traveling with top down even let it back up before the wrecker took "him" away. Since that
time have gotten it fixed except the top wont come down. All of the dashboard lights are staying on as I drive-even in the daytime. Is this an electrical problem now? a fuse? or computer? I want to know so I will know which mechanic to have the repair shop take it too
Since this car was repaired by body shop... via insurance I believe... let them fix it. Let the insurance pay for the repair.
Ive taken it back and now Im waiting on the cmputer parts or something to come in. I dont want to be without my car so its in my driveway. I go down to the bodyship at least 2-3 times a week and thats beginning to turn into 1-2 times a day
"Tiger" wrote
> Since this car was repaired by body shop... via insurance I > believe... let > them fix it. Let the insurance pay for the repair.
MyNuMan wrote:

MyNuMan, again I ask you...what am I missing here?
You entrusted your SLK320 Convertible to a body shop,
that COULD NOT EVEN identify your car was a convertible?
gamini
from my understanding-not just because Im a woman--but it made sense to me at the time/ The body shop is responsible for repairing the body and they in turn call in the mechanics--which in my case has to be an experience, reputable mercedes mechanic. Why do the mechinic work if the car was undriveable due to the wreckage (right front fender). they took that part off and replaced/repaired it. Its the electrical part that needs to be done right now! It is to be put on a computer and anything associated with the wreck will be repaired by the body/repair shop if its not then its my expense. (And so far its ALL their problem!
"gw" wrote
> MyNuMan wrote: > >needless to say, the bodyshop didn't even know it was a > convertible > >until I told him! Luckily > > > MyNuMan, again I ask you...what am I missing here? > > You entrusted your SLK320 Convertible to a body shop, > > that COULD NOT EVEN identify your car was a convertible? > > gamini
"... that's beginning to turn into 1-2 times a day!"
Getting on their nerves slightly...?... ;-)
DAS
"MyNuMan" < snipped-for-privacy@000.com> wrote in message
news:954779 snipped-for-privacy@autoboardz.com...
Wait a minute?! accident on 8/10 and you kept driving the car unrepaired all this time?!
no, its been in the shop that long! and I got it to drive to see what I would notice that a wasnt quite right. It runs GREAT a few noises but everything had to be replaced --brand newand/or special ordered parts! I will take it back to the repair shop because I have up to a year before he can cash the check and I know he wants all of his money :!:
"Tiger" wrote: > Wait a minute?! accident on 8/10 and you kept driving the car > unrepaired all > this time?!
MyNuMan wrote:

Am I missing something here, MyNuMan? You took your wrecked (but with a working top) SLK 320 to a repair shop. After the repair, the top does not work. (In addition to the other problems of warning lights.)
No brainer as to whom should fix the problems. Whoever/where-ever the car was fixed.
gamini
needless to say, the bodyshop didnt even know it was a convertible until I told him! Luckily I had before pics of my car! He has not said he wont fix the top but he did mention something about 3 computer brains on the car and it must be within one of those! I really just wanted to drive my car to see if I could stand the fact that it was in an accident--head on--now I get kind of nauseated while driving it :cry: ! It must be anxiety or something. But once I get behind the wheel and hit the expressway or turnpike Im o.k.
"gw" wrote