SLK 55 AMG Formula 1 Safety Car

Article with photos at

Juergen MBSPY webmaster

Juergen .

Anybody drive one yet? My dealer only has a 350.

It would be nice if it had a kompressor.

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

No.

In case you refer to the F1 Safety Car: I was also baffled it has NO Kompressor!

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

Many people expect the AMG version of the R171 to be configured with a Kompressor like the R170 SLK 32.

I think the product marketing people aimed at a certain performance for the AMG R171 and the 5.5L V8 gets it done nicely. Adding a Kompressor would just "mess up the equation". The F1 Safety Car is part of an advance advertisement campaign for production cars rather than a show car.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Low

"Only" a 350? I had the SLK200 for a couple of days when I was in Hamburg and Berlin, (also tried the Smart car, very fun). I drove the long way of course :-) from Hamburg to Berlin and driving the A2 from Hannover didn't let go of the gas pedal till the "low gas" light came on by berlin, ALL the way at around 243km/h, about 152mph, THAT wouldn't be enough for you? Get a 5L V8 Mustang.

cp

Reply to
cp