SLK AC

Can anyone (with a factory tech manual, perhaps) tell me, how cold the AC is supposed to be able to go? I'm suspicious of mine. This is a 1998 SLK230.
Also, how hard is the blower supposed to be able to blow...not sure how to measure this, but are SLK blowers strong, wussy or just normal?
--Jonathan

I have a '99 SLK, and the other day, with an outside temperature of 97 degrees Fahrenheit, it was pleasant in the car with the air conditioning turned up to its "coldest" setting, but I don't think you'd ever say, "Gee, it's cold in here!"
As to the blower, I have mine turned to the fourth detente, which on my car puts the dial "handle" in the horizontal position. That's enough blowing for my taste, but it will blow harder -- and now that I say that, I wonder if that would make it cooler....
Hey John -
Thanks. You know it's hot when the temperature is higher than your car's model year.
I have a co-worker with a '99 who'll be back later this year, and I expect I'll stick a thermometer in the vent and see what it reads, and also see how strong the blower is. I'll post some of the temps for the group.
Jonathan

--Jonathan
snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote in message

Mine has always been cold enough, so I can't say I've had a problem with that. But the one problem I've had twice with my 98 SLK230 is leaves getting in the blower fan 'box' area. This has happen each of the last two falls, although I do park it in a carport, somehow the leaves get down I guessing along the front windshield area.
chad