SLK questions....

Hi all,

I'm thinking of buying an SLK32 AMG. I've just sold a Lotus Elise and I'm after a car that's more practical (and reliable) without being too sensible :). It looks like prices have come down somewhat recently due to the new models out - do you think now is a good time to buy?

It seems there's not a huge difference in price between the 320 and the

32AMG - although there's obviously a lot more 320/230s available - I'm based in the UK. What's the difference in maintenance costs between these models and is it worth waiting for the right SLK32 over a 320/230 in terms of performance?

Any tips / owners feedback on these cars will be much appreciated!

John

Reply to
John Temple

Can't you test-drive to see the difference in performance and features? After all, it is money for your pleasure. What do you gain/lose vis-a-vis a

320?

What about insurance and road tax groups (though the latter will be insignificant).

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

The difference between an SLK230/320 and an SLK32 is nothing less than astonishing.

It's a rocket.

I have friends with M3s, M5s, Z3s, E55s, CLK55s, C43s, and every single one of them, after driving this car, just sit there, numb and disbelieving what they'd just been through, after having driven my SLK32 on an open road for thirty minutes.

Priceless.

Reply to
Rugbyguy

Thanks for your responses... I'm going to try and get a test drive for both next week sometime - although the SLK32's seem pretty rare in comparison but hopefully I'll find one to test.

Reply to
John Temple

SLK55 might be worth looking at too if you run across one. Maybe not as fuel efficient though.

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

They look fantastic... but I'm not sure the budget will stretch that far!

Reply to
John Temple