SLK side mirror

The left hand side mirror on my 1999 SLK separated from the motor housing. It appears to me a plastic clip on the housing may have broken (just not obvious to me). If the motor housing is my problem,
it should be covered under warranty, if it is the mirror and the plastic it is embedded in, it is not.
In true DIY fashion, I have used Velcro to reattach (no duct tape this time).
Any ideas on how the mirror is suppose to attach to the housing?