SLK230 supercharger change

    I've been thinking of selling my 944 and going with a used SLK230 as a replacement 4-cylinder. In browsing the web for the differences
in various models, I see that the '01 model has the clutch to the supercharger pulley removed. Does this give the car more low-end grunt since the s/c doesn't wait until 2500 rpm to kick in? Is it that significant a performance upgrade?     Emanuel
1983 Porsche 911 Guards Red/Black
1983 Porsche 944 Guards Red/Black