Slow Leak..

One of my tires has a slow leak... it will lose about 10lbs over 2 weeks, another 5 over the next 2, and then remain somewhat stable over the next few months...

No hole to be found, valve seems Ok.. maybe the rim?

Is there any liquid fill that might work? Thanks!

Reply to
Uncle Vinnie

Most likely you got a puncture... take the wheel off the car and check it carefully for nail or screw head. You can either dunk the wheel into tub of water to see bubbles or just run slow water over the tire until you see bubbles.

Reply to
Tiger

Tiger

If he's only losing 10lbs in a week, he'll need to leave the wheel submerged for a couple of days to see any bubbles.

Richard See

where my caravan's for sale.

Reply to
Richard Cole

No... not really. You definitely will see air bubbles. 10 pounds a week is a massive leak. Definitely a puncture if the tire never had problem before until now.

Reply to
Tiger

But what's the old lady gonna say about the tire in tub?

Reply to
Ken

But what's the old lady gonna say about the tire in tub?

Reply to
Homer

Great info... a soapy dish solution should be enough to make bubbles whereever the leak is. And yes, the tire must be pumped back up to normal to detect the leak.

Reply to
Tiger

Thanks all... I took the smart way out.. I brought the car into a tire guy... submerged and all, he could not find any leak....(there is a slight bend on the inside rim..)...

So I asked him anyway to replace the valve, inspect, and remount with bead-seal (both sides), and re- balance..

Let's see how thinks go form here....

Thanks aga> Great info... a soapy dish solution should be enough to make bubbles

Reply to
Uncle Vinnie