Slow Leak..

One of my tires has a slow leak... it will lose about 10lbs over 2 weeks, another 5 over the next 2, and then remain somewhat stable over the next few
months...
No hole to be found, valve seems Ok.. maybe the rim?
Is there any liquid fill that might work? Thanks!
--
Thanks & B'rgds,

Uncle Vinnie
Most likely you got a puncture... take the wheel off the car and check it carefully for nail or screw head. You can either dunk the wheel into tub of water to see bubbles or just run slow water over the tire until you see bubbles.

Tiger
If he's only losing 10lbs in a week, he'll need to leave the wheel submerged for a couple of days to see any bubbles.
Richard See http://www.caravanningnow.co.uk where my caravan's for sale.
--
After two weeks of dieting, all I lost was two weeks.

No... not really. You definitely will see air bubbles. 10 pounds a week is a massive leak. Definitely a puncture if the tire never had problem before until now.

But what's the old lady gonna say about the tire in tub?
I had the same problem driving across country once. The first station with a half tub could not find the leak. I left the tire on the car and just kept adding air. In a large city I found a commerical tire company with a big tank. They placed the tire under water under pressure. The leak was in the valve stem.
wrote:

But what's the old lady gonna say about the tire in tub?
Great info... a soapy dish solution should be enough to make bubbles whereever the leak is. And yes, the tire must be pumped back up to normal to detect the leak.
Thanks all... I took the smart way out.. I brought the car into a tire guy... submerged and all, he could not find any leak....(there is a slight bend on the inside rim..)...
So I asked him anyway to replace the valve, inspect, and remount with bead-seal (both sides), and re- balance..
Let's see how thinks go form here....
Thanks again!
Tiger wrote:

--