SLR versus VEYRON

I have read that the SLR is supposed to compete with the Veyron. Is this accurate? They do not seem to be similar enough to compete. Here is a Veyron article:

I guess the new SLR is being shown in Frankfurt in a couple of days.

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

Hello,

I suppose Michelin has come up with road tyres that endure the 250mph and daily abuse. I shan't be surprised to see Brabus, Renntech, and AMG increasing the terminal speed of their products to more than 185mph...

Regards, Oliver

greek_philos> I have read that the SLR is

Reply to
Ennui Society

The Veyron has severe problems with the aerodynamics so the top speed will be limited to 330 km/h = 205 mph.

Yes, it will.

But there will - later - be a CLK-DTM replica with also more than 600 PS from the supercharged 5.5-litre V8 engine; price of ti will be roughly 230.000 Euro, the SLR will cost roughly 450.000 Euro.

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

That depends on the cost. I dont think AMG drivers will be paying $2k per tire if thats the cost. SLR Drivers will as will Veyron.

-Adam

Reply to
mc