SLR versus VEYRON

I have read that the SLR is supposed to compete with the Veyron. Is this accurate? They do not seem to be similar enough to compete. Here is a Veyron article:
http://www.forbes.com/lifestyle/2003/09/02/cx_mf_0902vow.html
I guess the new SLR is being shown in Frankfurt in a couple of days.
.
Hello,
I suppose Michelin has come up with road tyres that endure the 250mph and daily abuse. I shan't be surprised to see Brabus, Renntech, and AMG increasing the terminal speed of their products to more than 185mph...
Regards, Oliver
greek_philosophizer wrote:

That depends on the cost. I dont think AMG drivers will be paying $2k per tire if thats the cost. SLR Drivers will as will Veyron.
-Adam

greek_philosophizer wrote:

The Veyron has severe problems with the aerodynamics so the top speed will be limited to 330 km/h = 205 mph.

Yes, it will.
But there will - later - be a CLK-DTM replica with also more than 600 PS from the supercharged 5.5-litre V8 engine; price of ti will be roughly 230.000 Euro, the SLR will cost roughly 450.000 Euro.
Juergen