small coolant leak

I noticed today that the connection under the water pump housing on my 83 300sd was leaking a small bit of coolant. Does this mean my water pump is bad? It doesnt seem to be leaking bad, but still not a good thing to see.
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to replace it. It should not leak at all. If you wait until it leaks you'll see the temperature shoot up at stop lights and only go down at speed.
Mercedes used to offer reman. pumps stupid cheap - $25 or so. Call the dealer and see if they're still relaly cheap. They're easy to replace.
The aftermarket ones are not as good as the factory ones. Get an original one.
Richard Sexton wrote:

It is just leaking from the little 2 inch long piece of heater hose on the under side, do you still think it is bad?>Thanks!!!!!!!!
Change that hose first.
Tiger wrote:

Thanks Tiger

It's generally a good idea for a car to keep its precious bodily fluids inside the car.
It's one of those "pay me now of may me (more) later" kinda deals.
Richard Sexton wrote:

And the water pump is one of those things that can go from not leaking to major leak very quickly, without warning. My 300SD had no evidence of a leak, as I would have seen it on the garage floor. Upon returning from a 100 mile trip, it was leaking so bad that I don't think I would have made it another 20 miles. And boy was I lucky, I was on the way home from the airport in pouring rain!
IF you can't tell if it's coming from the hose or the pump, I'd replace the hose first. If the hoses are more than 10 years old, I'd replace all of them anyway.

Sounds like good advice, Thanks