Small fintail chassis

What was the longest engine offered in the smaller Heckflosse chassis? I'm thinking early 60s. I want tailfins and a later OM, probably a 617, as I have a good one.
Building mounts should be no trouble, what other installation difficulties am I looking at? Wiring and plumbing I can do and I can live without A/C if necessary.

The 2.3L 6 was the biggest motor used in a w110. The 617 will likely fit into any of the post '63 models.
Don't forget to match the front coil-rate and final-drive ratio to the motors weight and output.

My friend is a benz mechanic with 30 years experience (has a w110 and 5 other old benzes) and says the OM617 is no problem for the w110, but then this is a guy that adds fuel injection and computer control modules to 50 year old engines :-)
cp