Smart Cabrio on ebay motors...

Page 4 of 4
I am still seeking an opportunity to try one out, short of hiking across London to a dealer for a test drive.
Nearly hired one for a day during my holiday/business trip abroad last week
but a client offered to collect me instead...
DAS
All well and good guys but did you notice the ad says the car is legal and and currently registered in the US and one of six cars known?

DOH!
Hahahaaa.... it pays to read, i suppose....
And it obviously even has a US license plate right there in the pictures!
Well I guess that ends that debate....
On Wed, 14 Apr 2004, Richard Sexton wrote:

I've seen lots of things said in lots of ads about lots of cars. Many of them turned out not to be true.
DS
says...

I've lived in NYC a long time, 35+ years, and I have never seen anyone arrested for bad car paperwork. They do ticket and tow cars for that reason. And it does cost a lot of money to get your car back. In fact early mornings you can see the cops walking down the side walk checking registration and inspection stickers on car windows.

A couple years back I saw an Alfa Romeo 156 in front of the Sony cinemas on broadway in the 60's. It have Michigan manufacturer plates on it. I only saw it once. ------------- Alex
On Wed, 14 Apr 2004, Alex Rodriguez wrote:

Used to see non-spec cars with M-plates *all the time* when I lived in Ann Arbor, MI. Saw European-market Chryslers, Jeeps, Fords, Smarts, and numerous not-sold-here makes on a regular basis.
DS

Being driven by Ford executives? ;)
--
Sloth is the first deadly sin.

dastern@127.0.0.1 says...

Another foreign car sighting this weekend. This time it was a Peugeot 607 on West street near canal. It had NJ manufacturers plates on it. Not sure who that car would belong to. ------------- Alex
A French diplomat....it's been said the only reason Peugeot make large cars is because French govt ministers don't want to be seen in Mercs...
DAS
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.co.uk says...

I don't think so. Diplomats get diplomat plates, not grimy beat up manufacturer plates from NJ. I did like the styling on the car. The driver did cut back and forth across lanes without signalling. ------------- Alex
It's rumoured that Peugeot might return to US market, but it's still up in the air...
Oliver