Smart car

Can we consider the Smart car a Mercedes in terms of quality?
http://www.smart.com /

I haven't driven one yet, though I keep asking for it when I rent in Germany but, if the A-Class is anything to go buy, it won't 'feel' like a Merc.
Do you have one?
DAS
In safety probably, but in quality-NO WAY-they are the biggest piece of crap I have ever driven in my life.

I have just bought one as a stopgap between my current slk [up for sale] and my new SLK arriving in August. It is great fun, well put together and very nippy.
To back up my enthusiasm, a recent UK survey of 100 cars had the Smart at 7th for reliability, and 9th for build quality. Overall it was 46th when all factors are considered.
Does that answer your question.
I may well consider keeping the Smart alongside my new SLK as a runabout
Owen

--
Owen Jones

writes

It appears to fit in the trunk !

Its fine for what it is. Just make sure you get one UK version and One US version, that way you have one for each foot. I hear AMG shoelaces really set it off.