Smart Car Engine failure

All
Smart car, 36.000miles, 4 years old. My daughter just gave me a bill for 1500 for an engine rebuild on her Smart car, the engine blew up as a consequence of no oil. My question is this, the oil is either on
the road, burnt by the engine, or there was no oil in the first place. My daughter discounts the first two, do I have a valid issue with the garage that carried out the service 3 months previously? If so, can you give me an idea how to approach this? I have no proof other than an empty wallet
Regards
richard
Richard, re the garage. It may well sound impossible for some, however let me assure you that this does happen.... it happend to me in an independent VW garage... they forgot to refill and the idiot light wasn't working. I just happend to check by accident and couldn't believe my eyes.
good luck, guenter

Richard, forgot to add..... can your daughter reassure you that the idiot light wasn't on? Is it working?
cheers, guenter

Hi Richard,
I can understand your fustration with your car. Even though I read your plight and have nothing to offer, I have one question (yes, it is a genuine question). Are smart cars made by MB?
Best of luck. Bob
It's certainly owned by MB, so you can say it's amde by MB. Started out as a JV with the Swatch Company.
DAS
"biodieselbob" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@r29g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...
biodieselbob wrote:

So, you've concluded that the oil's not on the road, that the engine didn't burn it, but that the garage didn't put any oil in the engine 3 MONTHS AGO? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.