smart cars are coming to the USA (via registered importers)

http://www.zapworld.com/smart.htm
Let's have fun!

A smart car is one with a speed limiter of 60 mph.
On Tue, 25 May 2004 22:52:58 -0600, Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

A smarter car is one that runs you over.

Or one that automatically speeds up to 80mph, pours a mixed drink, and lights a joint for the driver when driving through a school zone or playground in Laura/Judy's neighborhood.
On Wed, 26 May 2004 19:28:00 -0700, David W. Poole, Jr. wrote:

I would settle for one that automagically picks up chicks.
Lance Lamboy

Those are called "Ferrari's", unless you're trying to pick up my ex-wife, in which case a Pinto will be sufficient.
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:

...That can kick a cop in the teeth.
John
--
To reply, remove "die.spammers" from address

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend <> wrote:

That's called "second gear" to me. As long as I stay in second gear driving through my neighborhood I'm guaranteed not to exceed double the speed limit.
--
John Carr ( snipped-for-privacy@mit.edu)

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend <> wrote in message wrote:

Compared to you, *any* car or pile of fecal matter is smart.
Ennui Society wrote:

There are a few in New Zealand. I saw one close-up just this afternoon. Cute. Plus they go adequately, having followed one along the Kaikoura coast at decent speeds on a classic rally a few months ago. Cheers
The "taken Europe by storm" in the ad is a little OTT (Over The Top) but they do have their place in big cities. My neighbour has one (as well as a ginormous Range Rover -- makes the drive crowded) in Brabus version.
There are quite a few here in London.
DAS