Smart loss is several billion?

My point exactly!

For EUR 68 K I can buy a pretty decent Merc/BMW/Audi (and even Jag...) For that money I care about the badge.

For double that I am already in that rarified atmosphere of top cars.

DAS

--

Reply to
Dori Schmetterling

"Juergen ." hat in Betrag news:3F8B2976.B9821741 @bigfoot.com dies gedichtet:

Yes, I know that. But VW would have to do a lot of propaganda to make "Horch" sound desireable in the present world. It is about the same work, which was done when Mercedes reanimated Maybach and Toyota invented Lexus.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Kemper

And Horch in English? And will wags write Hooch instead...?....

After all, USA and UK are Merc's most important sales territories outside Germany.

DAS

--

Reply to
Dori Schmetterling

Frank has a good point, although VW is a well respected brand worldwide, they are perceived as the manufacturer of "economy" cars, not luxury vehicles. It can be done, but I've always scratched my head trying to figure out what they are trying to do with this car. If they want to penetrate the luxury segment, what is Audi all about? VW is a former employer of mine whom I hold in high regard, it's troubling to me to see all this effort come to naught, because it will certainly take away from efforts in the mainstream segments. Even the Touareg is a better logical fit with the brand.

Reply to
Gerald G. McGeorge