Smart loss is several billion?

Page 3 of 3
The nerve, just like 'ol shifty Lee!

they
dies gedichtet:

The main point of a smart (compared to other subcompact cars) is that the smart features two real seats instead of four too small seats. I am 6ft 9in high and not very thin. I do fit in a smart, while a Ford Ka or a Fiat Seicento are impossible for me. In Germany smart made a strange commercial of two quite fat persons fitting in a smart and in no other car.
Even our former federal cancellor Mr. Kohl fits in a smart :-)
Frank

1. What interests me in addition is the question of 'pedestrian-friendliness' of US-cars in crashes. This is now an elements in the EuroNCAP crash tests. http://www.euroncap.com/index.htm
2. How much attention was paid to 'crash behaviour' in the these down-sized cars, i.e. what measures taken to ensure passenger safety?
3. Are we comparing apples with apples?
DAS --

Gerald:
Here are some recent crash tests with pictures:
VW beetle (bad) Golf II (worse) Golf IV (four stars, good)
http://www.autobild.de/artikel.php?artikel_id448
Wolfgang