Smashed rear window....source other than MB dealer?

I have an 85 300SD, Got in it the other day, started engine , and a few seconds later, one of the rear pass windows shattered/cracked. Of course, it is still in one piece because it is safety glass, but it looks like it is covered with ice, because every square inch of it has a fine network of cracks. Freakiest thing I have ever had happen with a car. It was night-time, and the window wasn't all the way up, so it didn't crack due to heat/pressure build-up. I looked closely at it, and you could see the tiniest little "chip" where some tiny stone had hit the window...all the cracks were radiating outward from that point. But it is really funny that at some time much later after the impact, the glass shatters. It looks even smaller (and isn't round) than a pellet or BB impact would be, so I don't think some kid was shooting at my car late at night. The question is, I did not find windows at the internet dealers like THEBENZBIN. Don't want to pay the big bucks to get one from the MB dealer. ANy ideas about a good source?

Reply to
Jim Caldwell

call Monday (toll free of course) we have it.

1-877-348-6473 Bill Ditmire Ditmire Motorworks,Inc. 425 White Horse Pike Absecon,NJ 08201
609-641-3392
Reply to
Bill Ditmire