Smell from air con?

Hi, ..I have a c180.....my aircon works fine, however , from time to time there is a fusty stale smell from it, it doesn't happen that often, but is quite nasty when it does happen. What can I do about
this? thanks, Jm
On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 10:50:29 +0100, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Smells like your drain pipe needs clearing. Stale water breeding fungus happens when wter does not drain.
On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 10:50:29 +0100, redhex1 wrote:

You need to clean your A/C on a regular basis to avoid that smell, and to avoid it making you ill. You can buy the cleaning agent in a can and squirt in up into your A/C inside the car.
A/C makes a lot of moisture, that is what produces the funny smell; it is also what gives you Legionnaires and breathing infections!!
300 Essie
--
1994 Mercedes E280 [W124] 99,000 miles (R.I.P)
1992 Mercedes 300 SE [W126] 230,000 miles

What is the name of this spray,...and where can I buy it in the uk? thanks, Jm