Smell of Diesel Fuel

I love the smell of diesel fuel. It reminds me of the tropics. But I have a problem with my 86 300SDL. Last week I overfilled the fuel tank (left it filling until the fuel ran up over the top of cap).
Now, there is a persistent strong smell of fuel coming from the engine, and a possible tiny leak somewhere. How would overfilling the tank cause a leak in the front of the car? Thanks,
-- Jeff
On 14 Oct 2004 16:58:46 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Jeff) wrote:
|I love the smell of diesel fuel. It reminds me of the tropics. But |I have a problem with my 86 300SDL. Last week I overfilled the |fuel tank (left it filling until the fuel ran up over the top of cap). |Now, there is a persistent strong smell of fuel coming from the engine, |and a possible tiny leak somewhere. How would overfilling the |tank cause a leak in the front of the car? Thanks,
Guess it leak somewhere behind. But if it's not then wash your engine and you will know...