Smell of diesel fuel inside of your diesel MB

Hi,

I know that regardless of the vehicle itself, the smell of diesel fuel will still be there. Is there a way to minimize the smell?

Thanks,

Mia J.

Reply to
Mia

There shouldn't be a smell of diesel fuel in the car. You probably have a fuel line leaking.

Reply to
Jeff

Smoke cigars.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

I don't want to look lesbian in my new car.

Reply to
Mia

Trade it for an older one.

Reply to
Chas Hurst

Don't want to look like an old lesbian.

Reply to
Mia

As a new mb owner, I think you'll find the tips (and parts with instructions) at mercedessource.com useful. Either way, I know it's possible to get a benz diesel to run smoke and smell free since every diesel my dad had (2 240D's and a 300D...or maybe 2 300D's I'm not sure) ran clean and smell free.

Reply to
marlinspike

Which MB diesel are we talking about MIA? With more info, you might get some ideas where to look for leaks.

Reply to
trader4

I'm talking 1984 300SD.

Reply to
Mia

You can eliminate it completely by replacing the diesel fuel line on the top of the engine. diesel fuel line is striped. P.

Reply to
Peter

What about the thin rubber line with clamp that goes into the big circle thing in the middle? The line got disconnected and there's some exhaust smoke coming out if it. I put it back on.

I'm sorry I'm so terrible ... I haven't gotten to the manual yet. When I do, you all will know :)

Reply to
Mia

date another girl as for the thin rubber thing going to the AIR FILTER yes putting it back onwill help.

BUT why did it pop off

that is a whole different story let us know if it pops off again

the case, minus a few cans!

Reply to
pool man

yeah, the air filter ... the device that removes large particles from air entering the engine.

:0)

what's the exhaust line doing entering the air filter?

wouldn't you like that

Mia

Reply to
Mia

He wouldn't if he's a real w126 fan. Girl who works on her own w126? Shouldn't let that one go to the other side without a fight.

Reply to
marlinspike

Why? Is that a bad thing? .

Reply to
greek_philosophizer

Sorry your still in the closet!

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Ah, Martin Joseph ... Why must you be so 5-year-old about it ...

Thanks for help, Jerry.

Mia J.

Reply to
Mia

Actually I find your knee jerk homophobia to be much more juvenile.

Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Hehehe...you ever watch the Daily Show? See the one with the guy who was like "I'm not homophobic, I'm homonausic" and then he started to hit on the female reporter? I don't know why this reminds me of that.

Reply to
marlinspike

This has become a waste of my time. Thank you those who were, in fact, very helpful!

Tootles,

Mia

Reply to
Mia