Smell of diesel fuel inside of your diesel MB

Page 1 of 2
Hi,
I know that regardless of the vehicle itself, the smell of diesel fuel will still be there. Is there a way to minimize the smell?
Thanks,
Mia J.

There shouldn't be a smell of diesel fuel in the car. You probably have a fuel line leaking.

Smoke cigars.
I don't want to look lesbian in my new car.

Trade it for an older one.
Don't want to look like an old lesbian.
As a new mb owner, I think you'll find the tips (and parts with instructions) at mercedessource.com useful. Either way, I know it's possible to get a benz diesel to run smoke and smell free since every diesel my dad had (2 240D's and a 300D...or maybe 2 300D's I'm not sure) ran clean and smell free.
Which MB diesel are we talking about MIA? With more info, you might get some ideas where to look for leaks.
I'm talking 1984 300SD.
Why? Is that a bad thing? .

Sorry your still in the closet!
Ah, Martin Joseph ... Why must you be so 5-year-old about it ...
Thanks for help, Jerry.
Mia J.
On 2005-04-27 15:51:44 -0700, "Mia" <maxv
Actually I find your knee jerk homophobia to be much more juvenile.
Marty
Hehehe...you ever watch the Daily Show? See the one with the guy who was like "I'm not homophobic, I'm homonausic" and then he started to hit on the female reporter? I don't know why this reminds me of that.
This has become a waste of my time. Thank you those who were, in fact, very helpful!
Tootles,
Mia
How about me who was both wasteful and helpful? Yes, I know, this is wasteful, it's 3:30 am and I'm working on a paper, I needed a break.
Thank you for bringing up the ladies of Sapphic sensibility.
.
You can eliminate it completely by replacing the diesel fuel line on the top of the engine. diesel fuel line is striped. P.

What about the thin rubber line with clamp that goes into the big circle thing in the middle? The line got disconnected and there's some exhaust smoke coming out if it. I put it back on.
I'm sorry I'm so terrible ... I haven't gotten to the manual yet. When I do, you all will know :)
date another girl as for the thin rubber thing going to the AIR FILTER yes putting it back onwill help.
BUT why did it pop off
that is a whole different story let us know if it pops off again
the case, minus a few cans!