smoke with 1993 300D 2.5 turbo

Hi all, just bought a 1993 300D 2.5 turbo, very nice car. only 155K miles. my only doubt: it starts up perfect, even at 5F ambient temp., without hesitation, then runs for about 2 minutes smooth, no smoke, and THEN starts smoking, not very heavily, but quite a bit, idle gets a bit irregular. smoke and idle stay that way until it?s up to operating temp. Then completely smoke free and smooth idle. Good acceleration. No gunk in water. Valves are a tiny bit noisy. Any ideas? Thanks! Christian

Reply to
cgunderm

What type of oil - petroleum based or Synthetic? Amsoil, which can be purchased through the internet or you can visit the website and find a local dealer in your area, will clean up the sludge and gunk in the engine.

You may have to do another oil change after the sludge comes off and sludges out the oil filter, but it will be worth it. I did the same thing and that Amsoil gave me better gas mileage and didn't tear up the internal parts of the engine any further than they were.

It sounds like it has to burn off the crud before running smoothly.

Good luck. It worked for me with a '99 E300TD+

cgunderm wrote:

Reply to
techgirl