Soft shut (closing aid) on W140

The closing aid on my 500SE (W140) always works on all doors but the drivers. If I remove fuse 9 from the trunk then replace it the driver's door soft shut will also work. However after a journey it no longer works and must be reset again. Does anybody have a solution to this niggling problem. Thanks

Reply to
Mehmet Sanliol

Take two asprin and call ... er ... oh! Yeah! So what you do is go to Hanz und Franz's place und der dey say dat it ist der pump in der trunk. And that pump in the trunk will cost about $2000 to replace. Or perhaps it is just a leaky connection. If you can take the door panel off you can unhook the vacuum hose to the door closer. And then see if it realllllly sucks. If it does, the door is getting vacuum. Which means something. If it is not delivering adequate vacuum to the door, then there is a vacuum leak and the vacuum is escaping into the car. And that can suck all the air out of the car. So you can get a realllllly bad headache and you should take two asprin and call .... er ... NO! Just leave a window cracked so lots of air can get in to refill the car with when the leak sucks it out. To be more serious, I really don't know what to do with the vacuum leak. But you do have one somewhere. I leave things like that to the professionals. So you see the vacuum is realllllly important. Which obviously proves the old saying

NOTHING IS SACRED!

mcbrue vacuumishly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

96 S420
Reply to
MCBRUE