Software Configurable?

2002 C230 Kompressor Coupe.
I have an iPod 5G and I use it with a Monster Cable FM Transmitter that plugs into the cigarette lighter. I tune the radio to a preset and listen to my iPod in the car. Its not
bad, its not integrated into the steering wheel but it works... My question is in order for the FM Transmitter to work the cigarette lighter needs power. That only happens when the car is running or the swith is in position 2 (0 off, 1 radio powered, 2 windows and cigarette lighter, 3 ingite)
Is there a way that I can have the cigarette lighter powered in postion 1. I was worried that the points might be on in position 2.
SpreadTooThin wrote:

Points? As in opening/closing distributor points? It's been a long time since I've seen a schematic for a CD ignition but to my knowledge they have been replaced by magnetic type devices.
I just did a Google for "CD Ignitions" and found: http://students.fct.unl.pt/users/ejr/ignite.html
One sentence in that article reads, "The cure for the Kettering system is to use the points not as a current-carrying switch but merely as a signaling device to tell the ignition system when to fire the spark. The actually switching is done with a solid state device called an SCR (silicon controlled-rectifier), a specialized form of transistor."
But take time to read the entire article, it's a history of auto ignition systems and is very interesting.
Ok.. Thanks for the advice.. I guess its ok to leave the key at position 2 and that no damage to ignition system can be done. Just seems like a waist of battery power...