Solex 4A1 problems on W123 from 1977

Hi,
I own a W123-026 from 1977. It's a 250 sedan with a Solex 4A1 carburator. Can anyone help me with adjusting this carburator?? The car runs idle pretty
well, but when I step on the throttle the car almost stalls, backfires and more of that misery. Only when I push the throttle very slightly the car is willing to drive without too much trouble. I already cleaned the carburator and added new gaskets. Is it possible that a leakkage in the gasket of the inletmanifold may cause these problems, or is it a problem of fuelsupply??
Can someone help me ??
Thanks,
Ren

Check the diaghragm-type accelerator pump; also, the air valve secondaries may stick (top flap, metrering rods, throttle blades) because of warpage in the layers of the carb body.
Do not overlook the possibility that your ignition secondary (coil, wores, plugs) may be the problem. Bill Ditmire Ditmire Motorworks,Inc. 425 White Horse Pike Absecon,NJ 08201 http://www.ditmire.com 609-641-3392