Some Smarts to have standard Bluetooth

Car manufacturer Smart has teamed up with mobile-phone firm Orange to produce a car that lets drivers take calls at the wheel via Bluetooth
Mobile-phone provider Orange and car manufacturer
Smart have joined forces to produce a car for the safety-conscious techie driver -- the Orange smart city-coup, which is the UK's first car to come equipped with Bluetooth technology as standard.
http://news.zdnet.co.uk/communications/wireless/0,39020348,39117025,00.htm
.
The key features already exist:
Hands-free/auto answering is set on the phone (may not desirable? Especially with other people in the car?). With the Merc integrated car kit one can also answer by hitting a button on the steering wheel.
Calling by speaking is set on the phone, at least on some models.
I am sure Bluetooth will make things easier and, perhaps, reduce one's dependence on expensive manufacturer's kits that tie one to particular phone models, but will one get displays of the SIM card memory on the dashboard?
DAS
--
---
The impression that I got from the article was that the Smart would come with all the associated buttons and features but would allow the cellphone itself to be any model that supported bluetooth thus allowing easy upgrades to newer cellphone models as they became available.
Dori Schmetterling wrote:

I hope you are right! About time for this development!
DAS --