Source for a 1985 Mercedes ignition switch?

Where could I get a new ignition switch asembly for a 1985 Mercedes 300 SD (W 126)? Are they as expensive as i'm thinking, over $100?

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 07:46:52 -0600, Jimbo wrote:

Check out mbz.org. Look up your particular model - then type the word "ignition" into the search box....
Here ya' go:
The Benzbin: $31.75 (in stock): http://mercedes.thebenzbin.com/?year 85&make=MB&imageField22222.x"&imageField22222.y
AutohausAZ:$ 27.56 https://www.autohausaz.com/catalog/lookup_parts.cfm?SubcategoryIDE20&VehicleID 94049&CFIDc0502&CFToken2250271
PartsMBZ.org (in stock): $26.74 http://parts.mbz.org /
Cheers,
Paul
--- http://www.astro-nut.com ---

Only a dealer can ,atch one to your key. You'll need title and registration in person. Anybody else can sell you a cheap "shop lock" that works, but not with your key.
On 2005-03-20 22:09:00 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@vrx.news (Richard Sexton) said:

You can't transfer the cylinder into the new switch?

You've already got a bad ignition switch, why would you want two?
On 2005-03-20 23:13:52 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@vrx.news (Richard Sexton) said:

In my experience a bad switch isn't the same thing as a bad lock cylinder. Although if the vehicle is very old, it is a good idea to replace both.
That said, if the cylinder is working right and feels smooth, then just replacing the broken switch is fine.
Marty