source for wiper blades wanted

Does anyone have a source for OEM or aftermarket (but quality) blades or rubber inserts for E-320 2004 cars?

I just bought a complete set of wiper blades for my 2004 E320 wagon.

I had the car in for service and called the shop and told them to put some blades in the car (parts only, not installed), and gave them my credit card.

Silly me, I didn't ask what price.

When I picked the car up later on that day, I saw the invoice for the three blades (2 front, one back) $99!!!

I couldn't believe it. I went back in and asked if they had made a mistake, but no they hadn't. The old MB I had used blades that could be replaced by Bosch ones, but I paid the couple of bucks more for the OEM ones because they actually worked better.

This blade set-up on the 2004 E class looks proprietary, and does not accept any aftermarket rubber that I have ever seen before.

I typically change my blades 4 times a year. This price will make me think twice about that habit. $400 a year in wiper blades is kind of silly.

The blades aren't really all that great in comparison to the "regular style" ones. I actually find that the OEM ones that I got on my car new

6 months ago ... streak, chatter, and skip from time to time.

Any advice in another better product or a place that sells them a little cheaper would be appreciated.

Rich

Reply to
Rich Williamson

Vell vhat did chou expect? Der great leader, old Jerkin Shrimp, needs der money fer der retirement! Zo chust pay der $400 und look out der shiny klean vindow!

mcbrue in the trailer down by the river under the bridge

96 S420
Reply to
mcbrue

They should be refillable instead of replacing entire blade unit as they did.

Reply to
Tiger

Tiger, go look at a 211 body wiper blade. It is ONE piece and NOT refillable. It is MOLDED in ONE piece. Please be a little up to date on your info......

Reply to
Karl

I haven't personally look at one... MB always made it refillable... That'a stupid... thinking people will pay $50 per wiper. Maybe you just have to modify it to make it refillable.

Reply to
Tiger

Sounds like a nice 3rd party opportunity...

Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph