Sourcing Engine for 1973 Mercedes 220

Hello Everyone,

This is my first posting to the group, so apologies that it comes with a request for help :-)

The engine of my Merc recently blew up and - as far as I can tell at this stage - will need replacing.

I spoke to the people at the local Mercedes garage and they could provide and fit a new engine, but it was going to set me back £3000+. Clearly not feasible for a car that only cost me £1000.

Therefore I would be grateful for any pointers in sourcing a second hand engine and some cheaper labour. I'm based in South East England.

Thanks in advance for any advice...

Richard.

Reply to
Claire Brewer